I am a woman born in 80’s which I can say, the generation who experienced the transition of electronics and technology. I was able to listen music from cassette tapes until university years, even watched past movies from Betamax and VHS until high school, started using Nokia phones during the first years at worked. Then, after years, the electronics shifted tremendously to CD, VCD and DVD as a medium for music and movie recordings. Looking back with the decades that passed, now I am using smartphones and even clouds for my music and my movies.
I started to discover what I really like to do which is outside my work was in year 2008, when I was sent to Canada for few months of work and training. When I got a chance to see Banff in Alberta Canada. Banff is the paradise that inspires me to start climbing mountain in my home country Philippines and it’s where I told myself that I wanted to see the world out there. I came home in Philippines in that same year, it was the start of my adventure life, as it is the same year when I climbed Mount Kinabalu where I reached Laban Rata, same year of my mountaineering dreams started.
Professionally, I am still working in Information Technology world and in the field of database administration. I still enjoy my work and the same time I am also enjoying adventure and traveling.
My Code Name here in virtual world is DBA Mountaineer which came from DataBase Administrator (DBA) as my professional work and my adventure dream which is to be a Mountaineer. I know that I am not really disclosing my real name because I wanted to keep my life as a private person but still able to share my experience from my previous travels and adventures.
MY TRAVEL TRACKS
The first time I step outside my country was 2005 when I sent by my company to Singapore and I keep going back and forth in that same country for the past years. But 2008 was the year that I kicked-off and discovered my love to travel and to adventure.
- 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 – Singapore – Traveled for Work and Leisure
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 – Philippines – Traveled for Adventure and Leisure
- 2008 – Canada – Traveled for Work and Training
- 2008, 2011-2012 – Malaysia – Traveled for Adventure
- 2011 – Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand – Traveled for Leisure
- 2012 – Hong Kong – Traveled for Leisure
- 2012 – Macau – Traveled for Leisure
- 2013, 2014, 2016 – Australia – Traveled for Work, Leisure and Adventure
- 2014 – United Arab Emirates – Traveled for Training
- 2014 – South Korea – Traveled for Leisure
- 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 – Japan – Traveled for Leisure and Adventure
- 2015, 2019 – United States of America – Traveled for Work and Training
- 2017 – Taiwan – Traveled for Leisure and Adventure
- 2017 – Guam – Traveled for Leisure and Adventure
The name of the site “The Hidden Panorama” was actually came from the time that I was climbing the mountains and the beautiful scenery can only be seen at the summit or within the forest of the mountain. These sceneries are actually just in their place and only visible to the people who really wanted to discover them. My climbing activities really inspires and keeps me to see the world out there.
This blog tells story about all my experiences during a visit, tour, trek or journey from one place to another. This will serve as like diary of all wonderful and beautiful places I had a chance to see.
Updated as of 11-Nov-2019