Precious Moment In The Mountain (Post#10) : Cypress Mountain
As part of my Whistler tour during the time that I visited British Columbia in Canada, we did stopped at Cypress Provincial Park located in Cypress Mountain in West Vancouver. The scenery to be found while at the mountain was the overlooking of Greater Vancouver. The photo above was Vancouver Downtown Skyline which captured last June 2008.
I had another post regarding Cypress Mountain.
Metropolitan Vancouver From Cypress Mountain
The chance that I got to be able to visit some parts of British Columbia was not an ordinary chance. When I got a single entry visa to Canada, I knew that it was a one-time chance to see this huge country at North America. After grabbing all my opportunity to see Alberta, the province of Edmonton where I was assigned for few weeks of work and training, I tried my best to get the opportunity to see British Columbia as well.
I remembered that it was less than two weeks before I left Canada to go back to my country, I requested my boss if I can fly earlier to Vancouver since it was the same route when I fly back on the actual date of my return in Philippines. I told my boss, that my route will be Edmonton to Vancouver and then Vancouver to Manila. At first he never agreed because he thought at first that my route was Edmonton to Toronto and Toronto to Manila. After correcting his thoughts about my flight, he told me that he will think about it.
After few hours passed, my boss called me back and told me that he was going to make my travel a business official, because the team that I worked with has collaboration with the team in Vancouver, my visit becomes semi-business trip, because there were few days left and the only thing that I can do in Vancouver was to meet the team.
My last day in Edmonton was Thursday (June 12, 2008) and that was the same day my colleague celebrated the 10th year anniversary in the company and somewhat my farewell to the team as well.
When I came to Vancouver, I tried to plan ahead the five days that I spent in British Columbia.
The following places that I had been with were:
1. White Rock and Richmond
2. Whistler, Whistler Village and Blackcomb Mountain
3. Squamish – Stawamus Chief, Squamish Town, Cheakamus Canyon, Tantalus Mountain Ranges
4. Brackendale and Shannon Falls
5. Greater Vancouver – Cypress Mountain
6. Greater Vancouver – Stanley Park
7. Greater Vancouver – Grouse Mountain
8. Greater Vancouver – Cleveland Dam
9. Greater Vancouver – Capilano Fish Hatchery
10. Greater Vancouver – Capilano Suspension Bridge
11. Greater Vancouver – Burrard Inlet / Vancouver Harbour
12. Greater Vancouver – Vancouver Downtown
13. Greater Vancouver – Vancouver Airport
14. Vancouver Island – Victoria – Butchart Garden
15. Vancouver Island – Victoria – Strait of Juan De Fuca
16. Vancouver Island – Victoria – Race Rocks Light House
17. Vancouver Island – Victoria – Royal BC Museum
18. Vancouver Island – Victoria
19. Greater Vancouver, British Columbia’s Islands, and Vancouver Island
After Shannon Falls, we had an almost an hour in the road enjoying the sceneries along Sea To Sky Highway on our way back to Vancouver.
Scenic Views along Sea To Sky Highway after coming from Shannon Falls
I thought that Shannon Falls was the last stop for my Whistler tour on that day. And yet we had another stop which was the last stop for the tour. We ended at Cypress Mountain Provincial Park. At first I did not know what to expect until I saw beautiful sceneries in the area. I can call the place a great lookout for the main reason that it has amazing location to appreciate the skyline and surrounding area of Metropolitan of Vancouver. The area we stopped in the park has a picnic area to enjoy time and great views. The provincial park is part of Cypress Mountain itself and located in West Vancouver near at Howe Sound.
My Saturday ends so great for me. I had an amazing time for all the places that I had been to. I was satisfied that I had seen so much for one day. And I was really thankful for the wonderful chance that I had because I know I may not be able to do the same tour again in the future as I’m allowed to enter Canada once. I wish I will be to come back in the future in this beautiful nature country such as Canada.